Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Figure skating-Ambitious Asada guns for Kim's world record

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Figure skating-Ambitious Asada guns for Kim's world record Empty
PostSubject: Figure skating-Ambitious Asada guns for Kim's world record   Figure skating-Ambitious Asada guns for Kim's world record EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:31 pm

- Source, Yahoo Sports

Figure skating-Ambitious Asada guns for Kim's world record MaoEX1

TOKYO, March 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Mao Asada has set her sights on breaking the world record score South Korean rival Kim Yuna posted to win Olympic figure skating gold in Vancouver last week.

Silver medallist Asada insists she has the weaponry to surpass Kim's remarkable total of 228.56 points and her motivation will be just as strong if the South Korean opts to turn professional before the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

"Even if she does retire, her score remains and I'll make every effort to rewrite the record as soon as possible," Asada told Wednesday's Nikkan Sports. "I want gold in Sochi."

Asada, a distant second behind Kim in Vancouver with 205.50 points, added: "My biggest weapon is the triple Axel. I can still add other jumps to my programme -- even a triple-triple."

While Asada became the first woman to pull off two triple Axels in an Olympic programme last month, Kim appears less keen on taking on the difficult jump.

The Korean raised an eyebrow at a news conference in Seoul following her triumphant return when informed coach Brian Orser planned to have her attempt the triple Axel in competition.

"That's news to me," said Kim, shooting her Canadian mentor a look. "Are you sure?"

Asada pledged to press on with an ambitious new programme.

"I will spend a lot of time working on new jumps in the off-season," the Japanese said. "Kim has given me real incentive to improve and to beat her."

The two 19-year-olds resume their rivalry at the world championships in Turin later this month. (Reporting by Alastair Himmer; Editing by John O'Brien; To query or comment on this story email sportsfeedback@thomsonreuters.com)
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com
Kesho
Ice Queen Moderator
Ice Queen Moderator
Kesho

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Figure skating-Ambitious Asada guns for Kim's world record Empty
PostSubject: Re: Figure skating-Ambitious Asada guns for Kim's world record   Figure skating-Ambitious Asada guns for Kim's world record EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm

I believe in Mao (:
if this time she works in other jumps + triple axel,she will do it amazing (:
I can't wait to see her performance in Sochi Very Happy
Four years left (yn)
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1