Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) Empty
PostSubject: Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)   Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:54 pm

- Source, The Daily Yomiuri

Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) 8ycocn

The Yomiuri Shimbun

When asked about the South Korean celebrities to whom they felt closest, half of Japanese respondents named figure skater Kim Yu Na, an Olympic gold medalist, while 43 percent of the South Koreans had a similar affinity for her rival, silver medalist Mao Asada, according to a survey jointly conducted by The Yomiuri Shimbun and the Hankook Ilbo.

Yomiuri Giants baseball player Lee Seung Yeop and actor Bae Yong Joon, also known as Yon-sama, were the No. 2 and No. 3 choices in Japan, respectively. In South Korea, Asada was followed by figure skater Miki Ando and Major League Baseball player Ichiro Suzuki of the Seattle Mariners.

The survey asked people to choose up to three names from a list of 11 athletes and entertainment personalities from Japan or South Korea.
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com
Bill508
Bill508

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)   Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:51 pm

I love the off the ice pic. Interesting results. They're both awesome & lovable skaters.
Back to top Go down
Kesho
Ice Queen Moderator
Ice Queen Moderator
Kesho

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)   Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Bill508 wrote:
I love the off the ice pic.
I love them too (:
I love Kim' dress!

I like them both too (but more to Mao ;D)
they're wonderful skaters with a big future...
I'm interested about Yu-na, with all of this that she is going to retire and that stuff
Back to top Go down
Bill508
Bill508

PostSubject: Re: Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)   Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:01 am

Kesho wrote:
Bill508 wrote:
I love the off the ice pic.
I love them too (:
I love Kim' dress!

I like them both too (but more to Mao ;D)
they're wonderful skaters with a big future...
I'm interested about Yu-na, with all of this that she is going to retire and that stuff

Yeah Kesho. YuNa is definitly likable. I keep up with the YuNa news am watching the "retirement" thing as well. You gotta keep an eye on Team Japan's competition. I love this stuff as even in the off season the skaters are in the news doing this and that.
Back to top Go down
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)   Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Her dress is nice but I don't like the wrinkles. It's a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com
Kesho
Ice Queen Moderator
Ice Queen Moderator
Kesho

PostSubject: Re: Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)   Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:49 pm

vv I was reading a few things on internet,
and I'm pissed OFF! vv

This is what I readed:

Quote :
Even if Yuna retires, Mao may not be No. 1 - that may be Mirai.

Mao knows that her "win" was not a true win (and thus the sad face at Kiss & Cry), because even with two almost perfect programs (as she herself delcared), she failed to beat Mirai in SP and failed to beat Yuna in FS (even with Yuna making two major mistakes in her FS).

Had Yuna made 2 fewer mistakes from the total of her 6 mistakes, Mao would have come in second again.

WHAT A MISTAKE :/
I'm not saying that Mirai isn't a good skater, but to depreciate Mao' hability?
and I have to remember what I said before... that I actually don't understand
the evaluation system and the judges, that all the time Kim' scores are overvalued. Everything seems to be against Mao :/ pretty sad...

another vv
Quote :
I can understand that Mao gave a good performance because she wanted it so badly, after the unsatisfying Olympics LP. Yuna was not at all hungry for the gold at Worlds, because she got the ultimate prize at the Olympics, probably that's why she didn't do well here -- and that is what I wonder about the Korean public reaction, do they think it's understandable that Yuna was not hungry for the gold while the whole nation was certainly hoping for it?
Hungry for me means despair :/
and I don't believe that was the right word...
Mao always tries to reach the gold... :/ not in a moment of despair of:
"I didn't win the gold in Olympics, now if I don't get the gold in world I'll be such a loser"
Everyone are like crazy :/
I like both, and I understand that both sides are
talking about each other... but I have been reading a lot of stuff and
Yu-na fans are more desperate to demostrate that Yu-na is the best (even if she is doing by herself)
Back to top Go down
Bill508
Bill508

PostSubject: Re: Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)   Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Kesho: Its fustrating sometimes reading nagative stuff about our Mao but this column by Jack Gallager of the Japan Times decribes why Mao is a true champeon and why I think we, her fans, love her. Our triple axel queen can take on YuNa and Mirai at will and do it with such class. Mao is human, so of course she'll have a bad day every so often but so will the other skaters. The worlds looked like a true win to me and I bet to Brien Orser also Smile . If YuNa now really feels that having won the Oly gold "is it" and any future competition is not important then she needs to retire NOW. I think YuNa is a nice person but some of her "over the top" fans and maybe Korean media go overboard and try to trash our Mao in an effort to boost YuNa in their eyes.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20080330jg.html
Back to top Go down
Kesho
Ice Queen Moderator
Ice Queen Moderator
Kesho

PostSubject: Re: Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)   Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Bill508 wrote:
Kesho: Its fustrating sometimes reading nagative stuff about our Mao but this column by Jack Gallager of the Japan Times decribes why Mao is a true champeon and why I think we, her fans, love her. Our triple axel queen can take on YuNa and Mirai at will and do it with such class. Mao is human, so of course she'll have a bad day every so often but so will the other skaters. The worlds looked like a true win to me and I bet to Brien Orser also Smile . If YuNa now really feels that having won the Oly gold "is it" and any future competition is not important then she needs to retire NOW. I think YuNa is a nice person but some of her "over the top" fans and maybe Korean media go overboard and try to trash our Mao in an effort to boost YuNa in their eyes.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20080330jg.html

Totally agree! ;D
but I think it's enough :/ I heared that Yuna and Mao were friends a few years ago...
I wonder what is coming in their minds with all of this happening :l

I really like the article ♥
and now I remember why i'm a huge fan of Mao (:
since I watched her, she with just 15 years old and she looked determinate, strong and over those things... she looked happy (:
I trust in Mao (: and I hope she can reach all her goals!
including Gold in Sochi ;D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results)   Kim, Asada favorites (Yomiuri Survey Results) Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1