Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Figure skater Johnny Weir drops fur from costume

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Figure skater Johnny Weir drops fur from costume Empty
PostSubject: Figure skater Johnny Weir drops fur from costume   Figure skater Johnny Weir drops fur from costume EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:59 pm

- Source, The Seattle Times

Johnny Weir will replace the fox on his costume with faux fur after receiving "hate mail and death threats" from animal-rights activists, agent Tara Modlin said Thursday.

Olympics

Weir changes mind about wearing fur: Animal-rights groups can leave Johnny Weir alone now.

Weir will replace the fox on his costume with faux fur after receiving "hate mail and death threats" from animal-rights activists, agent Tara Modlin said Thursday.

"He's changing it because he needs to focus on skating," she said.

Friends of Animals posted an open letter to Weir after he added white fox fur to the left shoulder of his free-skate costume for the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Spokane.

"I do not want something as silly as my costume disrupting my second Olympic experience and my chance at a medal," Weir said.
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com

Page 1 of 1