Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'I like to be busy': An interview with Stephane Lambiel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

'I like to be busy': An interview with Stephane Lambiel Empty
PostSubject: 'I like to be busy': An interview with Stephane Lambiel   'I like to be busy': An interview with Stephane Lambiel EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:12 am

- Source, Translations 2010 @ Absolute Skating

'I like to be busy': An interview with Stephane Lambiel 2ezk35x

http://www.championat.ru/other/article-52012.html

„I like to be busy”

You look tired. Is this because of the show or you haven’t adjusted to the European time yet after coming back from Vancouver?

— First of all, I have had a cold for a week and it’s a bit difficult to stand the schedule with all the rehearsals and performances. But anyway, we are having great time. I like to skate to Anastacia’s songs – she’s a very nice woman, she has so much passion, she’s not only singing but skating with me on the ice. It’s the first time I have such strong impression from a performance and this is what I will remember the most from AOI show.

— You have very busy schedule. So many shows, right after the Olympics..

— Yes, I don’t even have time to think much, one show after another. Maybe it’s difficult but now I feel in good physical condition. Marla is here (his physiotherapist), we asked her with Kurt to come to take care of us. Without her it would be hard for me to stand such tempo. We have many procedures to keep in good shape: warm-up, stretching and now I really feel well. You know that figure skating is my passion. I like to be busy. On Tuesday we end AOI show, and on Wednesday I’ll get the American visa and go to the US on Thursday.

— You are going to take part in the show Thin Ice where you will perform in pair with the Olympic champion Shizuka Arakawa. You already know what your task will be?

—We will have a week for rehearsals, I don’t know yet what we actually will do – this will be complicated, because we both don’t have any experience in pair skating. But I can adjust and Shizuka is exceptional skater, she can do very beautiful elements. I think we can come up with something to skate together.

— The Russian fans of figure skating are currently concerned about the show Kings of Ice in Moscow and St Petersburg 30 and 31 March. Will you perform there?

—Yes, I’m planning to come together with my sister. She already visited Moscow in 2005 for world championships but always wanted to visit also St Petersburg. When I learnt about the show in Russia I asked if I can take Silvia (his sister) with me. She will be happy and me too. We can combine rest with work.

— Do you know what programs you will skate in gala?

— I don’t know yet exactly, I now have many programs. I like the number with Anastacia “In your eyes”. I would skate with pleasure Ne me quitte pas and I have a new long program to Traviata. And I would like to prepare a new program.

— With what music?

—I won’t talk about it yet but I have some ideas.

— You said before that you don’t go back to old programs but here you skated to Vivaldi your long program from 2005-6.

—It’s because the violinist David Garrett performed in the show. And I skated it in Korea too. Then it was great, they had live orchestra. Garrett’s version is a bit cold for me. I need something more personal.

— Was it difficult to remember the old choreography?

— I worked with Salome on the show version in Vancouver. She didn’t go home and stayed two days longer so we could work there. We watched the video on youtube.. it was great. It is a pleasure to work with Salome, she is a great inspiration for me.

— We can’t leave a question about Vancouver. Was it more nervous than in Turin?

— It was really complicated time. I knew my goal was the gold and for this I needed to be flawless. During the long program, after the first quad with hand down I didn’t say “It’s all over” but I started to think what I should do next, how I can do better after one mistake. And because of that every next jump was very difficult.

— But you landed all the jumps. Even with shaky landings it was clear you were very determined.

—Exactly. I felt well, I was ready, I had good trainings, everything was well. But I need to accept the result. There were many champions at these Olympics but only one gold medal. That’s sport. You have only one day to compete.

— And only 4 and half minute, maybe it would be better in half an hour.

— Not half an hour, 5 minutes. But life goes on. Now I have many goals. A bit crazy regimen but I like it.
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com

Page 1 of 1