Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chan and Laws Split (Lori Nichol is Patrick's new coach)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Chan and Laws Split (Lori Nichol is Patrick's new coach) Empty
PostSubject: Chan and Laws Split (Lori Nichol is Patrick's new coach)   Chan and Laws Split (Lori Nichol is Patrick's new coach) EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:48 am

- Source, Axels, Loops and Spins

Chan and Laws Split (Lori Nichol is Patrick's new coach) Hv1j12

It's Splitsville for Patrick Chan and coach Don Laws.

At first it seemed it was a regular split as Laws has taken a job as head coach at the West Palm Beach Facility where he has been based. As the story unfolds, it may have been a dicier parting than originally believed.

Amy Rosewater reports in a special to Ice Network that perhaps things got dicey after HomeSense Skate Canada when Patrick went to train in Colorado Springs. When Laws joined Patrick there it wasn't so much in a role as a coach but as a "spectator" Laws says.

Chan made a quick trip back to Florida to do a show and then went back to Colorado Springs for 'altitude' training. Laws was quite surprised at this since Vancouver is at Sea Level. That's when Laws contacted Skate Canada and had them credential Toronto based choreographer Lori Nichol as well as Colorado Springs based coach Christy Krall as Patrick's coaches. "I will say that he did not run from me," Laws said. "I ran from him." Eeeeeeeek!

The rest, as they say, is history.

I'm sure an unwanted hiccup literally days from the BMO Canadian National Championships but Patrick, I'm sure, will do fine with Lori and Christy.

I'm sure there will be more on this story as the media digs into it in London during Canadian Nationals.
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com

Page 1 of 1