Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Japan's gold medal skaters Asada, Takahashi return home promising more success

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Japan's gold medal skaters Asada, Takahashi return home promising more success Empty
PostSubject: Japan's gold medal skaters Asada, Takahashi return home promising more success   Japan's gold medal skaters Asada, Takahashi return home promising more success EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am

- Source, The Canadian Press

Japan's gold medal skaters Asada, Takahashi return home promising more success Maodaimedal-1

TOKYO — Mao Asada and Daisuke Takahashi arrived in Japan on Tuesday, already looking forward to defending their titles next year at the world figure skating championships on home ice in Tokyo.

Asada beat Olympic champion Kim Yu-na to win her second world title in Turin on Saturday, two days after Takahashi's victory in the men's competition.

"The gold will give me a lot of confidence for next season when we have the world championships in Tokyo," said Asada, the silver medallist at the Vancouver Olympics.
Asada, who also won the world title in 2008, said her trademark triple Axel was key to her performances this season.

"I do the triple Axel regularly and am glad I do," she said. "I've always relied on it and plan to keep doing it next season."

Olympic bronze medallist Takahashi gave Japan its first men's title at the worlds, where he attempted a rare quadruple flip.

"I didn't really have enough time to practice the quad flip but am happy I gave it a shot," Takahashi said. "You have to create your own chances and the win gives me confidence for next season."

Takahashi two-footed the landing of the quad flip, but it was enough to let everyone know he's back in the quad game.

With gold medallists in both the men's and women's events, the future looks bright for Japan.

"We're very proud of our athletes," said head coach Nobuhiko Yoshioka.

"Takahashi and Asada weren't in the best possible shape for the world championships because of all their preparation for Vancouver but they really came through under tough circumstances."

Japan also won both the men's and women's gold medals at the world junior championships in The Hague last month, with Kanako Murakami taking the women's title and Yuzuru Hanyu winning the men's.
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com
Kesho
Ice Queen Moderator
Ice Queen Moderator
Kesho

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Japan's gold medal skaters Asada, Takahashi return home promising more success Empty
PostSubject: Re: Japan's gold medal skaters Asada, Takahashi return home promising more success   Japan's gold medal skaters Asada, Takahashi return home promising more success EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:56 am

Japan is over the top now!
SWEET! Cool

They're in the correct way now... if they continue like this or better, they will rock in Tokyo next year!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1