Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back  Empty
PostSubject: Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back    Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back  EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:44 am

Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back  33ylu3a

- Source, The Mainichi Daily News

NAGOYA (Kyodo) -- Hidehito Ito, the Japan Skating Federation's director of figure skating, said Sunday he is unconcerned by the form of Mao Asada and confident the world champion will come good after a disastrous start to the season at the NHK Trophy.

Asada, who is skating a new program under recently appointed coach Nobuo Sato, struggled with error-littered performances in both the short and free programs and finished in eighth place Saturday with 133.40 points -- her worst ever score at a senior international event.

That result has placed in jeopardy her chances of making the Grand Prix Final in Beijing in December. The 20-year-old will almost certainly miss out for the second year in a row should she fail to win her next scheduled event at the Nov. 26-28 Trophee Eric Bompard in Paris.

"Psychologically Mao is nowhere near where she should be yet and the same goes for practice," Ito told reporters after competition at the first event of the Grand Prix campaign wrapped up with the men's free program at Nihon Gaishi Hall.

"Obviously it was a disappointing result but the season has only just begun and I am not overly concerned.

"Her jumps and skating are gradually getting better and if she gets plenty of practice under her belt and can communicate well with her coach she will be where she needs to be toward the end of the season," he said.

"She is entered to skate in France (at the Trophee Bompard) and that is what she should be working her way towards. I just hope she gets better," he added.

Here mind elsewhere, Asada still looked sluggish in Sunday's closing gala, botching a triple loop and a triple flip, and admitted she was eager to get back to practice as soon as possible.

"The only thing on my mind is practice right now. I want to train as much as I can with my coach and keep chipping away," Asada said.

"I spoke with my coach last night about this event and about training from now on and he said he was worried after my performance at the Japan Open, but a little more at ease having looked at the overall picture from this event and my practice. He said it will be hard but we can build things up.

"I couldn't perform well here but the fans have been good to me and I want to try and show them a good performance at the next event," she said.

(Mainichi Japan) October 25, 2010
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com
Bill508
Bill508

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back    Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back  EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:41 pm

Interesting article. I want to check out Japan Times Jack Gallegers take on it; he has great insight I think. I like his columns on skating. I guess he'll write on it soon. Mao's only 20; this is a temporary slump. Remember last year: started slow ended BIG! Nice pic Rezev.
Back to top Go down
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back    Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back  EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:32 am

Bill508 wrote:
Nice pic Rezev.

Thanks Bill. Mao looks so beautiful in FS but it hard to find her pic. Most of the pic they post is the pix of Mao fell. I hope they will post more different pic of her than the fall one.
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com
patknowsbest
patknowsbest

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back    Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back  EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:24 am

yes i agree Rezev. they put so much pressure on her, and i thing that gets into her. she is such a great athlete, and i am looking forward to the Trophee Eric Bompard.
Back to top Go down
JonyLeaber

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back    Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back  EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:17 am

I would like to thanks for your informative post

PostSubject: Re: Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back    Japanese figure skating chief backs Asada to bounce back  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1