Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Takahashi 'determined' to win gold medal in Vancouver

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Takahashi 'determined' to win gold medal in Vancouver Empty
PostSubject: Takahashi 'determined' to win gold medal in Vancouver   Takahashi 'determined' to win gold medal in Vancouver EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:05 pm

- Source, The Japan Times

Takahashi 'determined' to win gold medal in Vancouver 260v887

SUITA, Osaka Pref. (Kyodo) Figure skaters Daisuke Takahashi and Nobunari Oda were given a send-off party Tuesday by their school Kansai University as they enter the final stage of preparations for next month's Vancouver Olympics.

"I'm determined to bring home the gold medal," said Takahashi while set aloft by members of the Kansai University Kaisers, the American football team which won the Koshien Bowl national collegiate championship last month.

Nearly 700 students gathered for the event, which followed a practice session by the two to the accompaniment of music at a rink in Takatsuki, Osaka Prefecture.

"I am preparing for the best result possible," said Oda.

National champion Takahashi, who attends the graduate school at Kansai University, is making his second Olympic appearance.

"There is only one month left. From now, I want to really push myself in my skating practices," he said.

Oda, who finished runnerup to Takahashi at the nationals last month, showcased his quadruple toe loop.

"This was the best I've felt since I began training on Jan. 3," Oda said.

Both Takahashi and Oda are scheduled to leave for Vancouver early next month.
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com

Page 1 of 1