Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mao Asada Speaks Out During Korea Visit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Mao Asada Speaks Out During Korea Visit Empty
PostSubject: Mao Asada Speaks Out During Korea Visit   Mao Asada Speaks Out During Korea Visit EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:45 am

- Source, The Chosun Ilbo

Mao Asada Speaks Out During Korea Visit Maokoreacopy

Korean figure skating fans got another treat on Saturday and Sunday as many Olympic medalists staged an ice show at the Jamsil Olympic Stadium in Seoul. The Hyundai Card Super Match X – Medalists on Ice show featured recent Vancouver Olympic stars such as men's gold medalist Evan Lysacek of the United States, pairs' gold medalist Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo of China, and women's silver medalist Mao Asada of Japan.

After official practice on Friday, Asada told reporters, "Figure skating got more attention because of rivalry between Kim Yu-na and me. I hope the momentum carries on with more such 'good' rivalry."

Turning to changes to the scoring system by the International Skating Union that have already been dubbed the "Asada rules," the skater said there is no truth in the claim that they work in her favor. At the official press conference at Hyundai Card headquarters in Seoul, Asada said, "It's good that the ISU raised the base value of certain jumps. But that in itself isn't to my advantage. What's important is that I nail the triple axels in the competition. If I don't, the rules don't matter at all."

The ISU in early May announced new rules for its figure skating scoring system, which included increasing the base value of technically more demanding jumps while decreasing it for easier jumps. Kim Yu-na expressed dissatisfaction at the change by saying, "I don't understand why they tried to change the rules in such a way."
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com
Kesho
Ice Queen Moderator
Ice Queen Moderator
Kesho

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Mao Asada Speaks Out During Korea Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mao Asada Speaks Out During Korea Visit   Mao Asada Speaks Out During Korea Visit EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Now, everything is in a way "against Yuna" vv
(: we just have to wait for the new season...
and the rules...
I think ISU changed them in that way, because some skaters were beggining to believe that just with a safe coreography and elegant, will recibe a gold medal :/
and it's not fair at all to those skaters who try to learn difficult jumps and gave more effort in their performances...
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1