Mao Asada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Ice Queen forum, home of four-time Japan National Champion, two-time World Champion, and 2010 Olympic Silver Medalist, Mao Asada. Take a look around, and stay tuned for the latest Mao Asada news.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions Empty
PostSubject: Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions   Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 am

- Source, The Chosun Ilbo

Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions E5ljbc

The greatest cause of stress for 19-year-old figure skating star Kim Yu-na is the constant tension and anxiety from one competition after another. This is why she had hard time focusing on skating after winning gold in the Olympics last month, and is weighing her options very carefully.

Relief was evident in Kim's face after she completed a dramatic season with the gala exhibition at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Turin, Italy, on Monday.

Q: Despite winning silver, the world championships didn't seem easy for you.
A: I decided to compete in the world championships after the first ISU Grand Prix event, the Trophée Eric Bompard, in Paris in October last year. At the time, I was full of confidence (Kim won the event with a combined score of 210.03 points), and I thought the world championships wouldn't be a big deal after the Olympics. I didn't know the post-Olympic period would be this difficult. I had lots of regrets because it was so hard.

Q: What thoughts came to your mind while preparing for the world championships?
A: I was so afraid of the fact that I had to compete again and feel the pressure and tensions of competition. I wasn't ready for this competition at all, either physically or mentally. I also thought, "What if I don't do well after I’ve become an Olympic champion through years of very hard work?”

Q: Now everyone is curious about your future after the 2009/2010 season.
A: I have a choice between retiring and turning professional or remaining in competition. If I choose to continue to compete, it would be because I think I’ll be able to maintain my current level. If I choose to quit, I think it'll be because I'm tired of the tremendous pressure and stress I get from competition. If I'm not an athlete, I think I’d be doing ice shows and go to university.

Q: What have you gained and lost from skating to date?
A: What I've lost is school life, including the fact that I wasn’t able to make a lot of friends. But a big achievement would be that I reached the top of the world at a young age in what I do best.

Q: What do you want to do most when you go back to Korea?
A: I don't think I'll have time to get a driver's license. Traveling would be unrealistic as well. I just want to eat delicious food without fear that my stomach will explode. There isn't any specific thing that I'm dying to eat, but I just want to eat freely. I can't eat much normally because when I gain weight, my face looks so puffy that I can't even look at my pictures online.

Q: Are you returning to university?
A: I'd love to go to school, but to be frank, it's difficult. Even when I just stopped by to say hello last year, there were so many people gathering around to see me, so I'm a bit afraid. If I get a chance, I’d like to study sports psychology.
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com
Kesho
Ice Queen Moderator
Ice Queen Moderator
Kesho

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions   Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Rezev wrote:

Q: What do you want to do most when you go back to Korea?
A: I don't think I'll have time to get a driver's license. Traveling would be unrealistic as well. I just want to eat delicious food without fear that my stomach will explode. There isn't any specific thing that I'm dying to eat, but I just want to eat freely. I can't eat much normally because when I gain weight, my face looks so puffy that I can't even look at my pictures online.
GOD |:
I always wanted to be an Ice Skater (: since I was 11 or something
now I'm glad I'm not xDD
I LOVE EAT :/

Quote :
Q: Are you returning to university?
A: I'd love to go to school, but to be frank, it's difficult. Even when I just stopped by to say hello last year, there were so many people gathering around to see me, so I'm a bit afraid. If I get a chance, I’d like to study sports psychology.
nice career ;D

Wow vv
I think that some people born to be athletes but just one part of them likes the live of an athlete
the other part looks like they like it but
inside they don't like it at all, even when they're good in what they're doing:/
in the case of Kim... she is one xD

I wish the best for her life (:
she is young actually...
Back to top Go down
Rezev
Ice Queen Administrator
Ice Queen  Administrator
Rezev

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions   Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:27 am

Kesho wrote:

GOD |:
I always wanted to be an Ice Skater (: since I was 11 or something
now I'm glad I'm not xDD
I LOVE EAT :/

You did! Me too! What a coincidence, After I became a figure skater fans 4 years ago. I always wish to be an ice skater too and I always regret that I know the sport too late. I can't believe that the level of stress is that much when you become a famous skater
No
Back to top Go down
http://maoasada.heavenforum.com
Kesho
Ice Queen Moderator
Ice Queen Moderator
Kesho

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions   Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:45 am

Rezev wrote:
You did! Me too! What a coincidence, After I became a figure skater fans 4 years ago. I always wish to be an ice skater too and I always regret that I know the sport too late. I can't believe that the level of stress is that much when you become a famous skater
No
haha!
is sad! I just think about... "what would it happen if I become an Figure Skater?"
and they I answer to myself... "nothing, it's TOO LATE!"
Crying or Very sad

anyway!
Not all the people it's prepared to be famous ):
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions   Kim Yu-na Ponders Retirement from Competitions Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mao Asada Forum :: SKATING CHAT :: General Skating Discussion-
Jump to: